Tape delay is a good thing

The delay system saved our butt's many times at WZON, during the
Talkradio era.  Mostly just slips of the tongue by callers.

Two weeks ago, I heard the S--- word slip by the Bob & Sherri Show
(national syndicated morning show).

- ---boston-radio-interest-digest
<owner-boston-radio-interest-digest@bostonradio.org> wrote:

> boston-radio-interest-digest Tuesday, February 23 1999 Volume 02 :
Number 314

http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html
> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:36:36 -0500
> From: "Mark" <markwats@netway.com>
> Subject: Rick Gordon Reappears on TV
>
> Former WMUR(CH 9) meterologist Rick Gordon,who was let go from WMUR
a few
> months ago when his contract wasn't renewed,has resurfaced in two
different
> places over the last 2 weeks.The weekend of Feb 13 and 14,he was on
New
> England Cable News.Last night(Feb 21) he was giving us the 7 Day
forecast
> on WLVI's 10 O'Clock News.Just curious if either of these
appearances will
> [...]
> Subject: Re: wvnh testing
>
> brouder@juno.com said:
> >
> > David:
> >
> > WVNH actually began testing last week, though with just carrier
and no
> > programming.  They've got a pretty nice web site:  www.wvnh.org.
> >

> do we really need another right-wing biblethumping radio station in
this
> part of the country?
>

> - --
> Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
> <sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
> <http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
>                                                      -- Surak
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:46:45 EST
> From: MikeHemeon@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Rick Gordon Reappears on TV
>
> In a message dated 2/22/99 9:38:26 PM Central Standard Time,
> markwats@netway.com writes:
>
> << ust curious if either of these appearances will
>  lead to something steady for him?? >>
>
> TV  stations don't do "steady" anymore if they can help it.
>
> Mike
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:47:28 EST
> From: MikeHemeon@aol.com
> Subject: Re: wvnh testing
>
> In a message dated 2/22/99 11:11:12 PM Central Standard Time,
> sven@gord.isdn.lightning.net writes:
>
> << do we really need another right-wing biblethumping radio station
in this
>  part of the country?  >>
>
> SAY AYAAAAAAA!!!!!!
>
> Mike
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:05:19 EST
> From: Jibguy@aol.com
> Subject: Re: wvnh testing
>
> In a message dated 2/23/99 0:11:12 AM EST,
sven@gord.isdn.lightning.net
> writes:
>
> << do we really need another right-wing biblethumping radio station
in this
>  part of the country?
>   >>

> Of course we do!  You'll note that there is a higher percentage of
thumping
> stations in the south, and to balance things out the way they should
be, we
> need more here. Eh?
> - ----jibguy
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:15:03 +0000
> From: dan.strassberg@att.net
> Subject: Re: Rick Gordon Reappears on TV
>
> Great. Now the viewers get to forecast who will forecast the weather
on tonight's news.

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:13:39 -0500
> From: "Paul Hopfgarten" <hopfgapr@sprynet.com>
> Subject: RE: wvnh testing and the so-called "bible-thumpers"
>
> As a proud conservative (though not especially religious), I wish the
> left-wing radical element of the BB would stick to Radio issues.
>
> I make a deal, I'll sign a petition to rid the air of
Bible-Thumpers, as you
> call them, if you'll agree to sign a petition to end the CPB, and
taxpayer
> funding of the left-wing NPR operation....
>
> Deal?
>
> So, enough of the 'political commentary', OK?
>
> Now, if you're lamenting the use of the 88-92mHz band by religious
> broadcasters, fine. Perhaps LPFM will allow you to put on your own
station
> denouncing whomever you chose....
>
> If this is to be a Radio BB, then so be it.
>
> But these "shots" across the bow need to end........
> (And will not go unanswered)
>
> Paul Hopfgarten
> Derry NH
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:01:55 -0500
> From: "Terrence M. Wood" <Terry_Wood@prodigy.net>
> Subject: Re: wvnh testing and the so-called "bible-thumpers"
>
> Paul, your entitled to your views, and so are all the others, but
don't take
> lamenting of the religious right taking up available space as being
liberal,
> your views have taken over the AM dial so that the views of Moderate
> Americans are left without a voice at all!
>
> Terry

=== message truncated ===

==
Andy Soule
Pilot Cmmunications WQHR WBPW WOZI
Phone 207-769-6600 FAX 207-764-5274
PO Box 312, Presque Isle, ME  04769
Also:  Private Production & Engineering contractor