WKCG Programming Moving

101.3 WKCG Augusta (owned by Cumulus) is now running promos announcing that as
of Monday, March 1st the country music heard on 101.3 will be moving to 93.5
and 96.7.  I think the new combination will give them similar coverage to the
101.3 frequency.  They are also promoting it as KIX Country, a slogan they
have not been using.  WKCG has been simulcasting on 96.7 WCME Boothbay Harbor
since last spring.  That simulcast did not add much to their coverage area, it
was just a way to keep the license until they made permeant plans for the
station.  93.5 is a Fairfield, ME station (I do not know the current calls or
format).  When Cumulus bought WTOS, they did not buy 93.5 so I do not know if
this is a new purchase or an LMA.  I also do not know what is going to happen
on 101.3.

WKCG has been doing country music on 101.3 since at least the early 1980's.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine