Re: The Chicks,etc

I had said:
 > Zany suggestion: Pair Paul "Butchie" Brennan with
 > Doug "Virgin Boy" Goudy (though they'd be missed
 > as Howie's sidekicks).

For the record, this was tried once--one night, WEEI
was doing a Red Sox game, bumping the Celtics to
WRKO. They needed to fill a half hour between Howie
and the Celtics game, so Butchie and Virgin Boy
did a quick half hour show-- I thought it was good.

> ...and have Giles produce the whole thing...

Giles Threadgold, another of Howie's sidekicks,
actually was hosting a show for WXTK not too long
ago (Saturday mornings, I think?). One day, Howie
left his 'RKO show at 5 pm to go somewhere, and he had
Giles fill out the rest. Somehow it didn't work.
Reason? People like Virgin Boy and Butchie only talk
on the air when Howie's there; it just wasn't the
same having Giles on _without_ banter from the
other guys as well.