Re: Lock Monster Game (Was: Re: CBC gets game on the air..)

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Joseph Gallant wrote:

> Even though (as I'm sure I mentioned in a previous post) Media One
> has a "Commonwealth Collaborative Network" that links most of their
> Massachusetts systems allowing one community's local programming to
> be seen in most Media One towns, I didn't think yesterday's
> (February 20th) Lock Monster game was supposed to be seen outside of
> the immediate Lowell area.
>
> Or was it?
>
> Joseph Gallant

Since I was at Lowell for both games, all I can tell you is the signal
made it from the arena to MediaOne's headend in Lowell. Saturday's replay
was shown in Cambridge ( on MediaOne's LO channel 3) as was the Sunday
game live. However a friend in Newton told me it was not carried there. I
know yesterday (Saturday) there was a problem getting the signal to
Arlington, but that was fixed....

Cambridge is the bridge to the Watertown/Newton complex, so perhaps there
was a problem there.