Worcester Format Holes

The two gaping holes I see in Worcester are for an adult standards station, and on the
other end of the spectrum a younger skewing, rhythmic leaning CHR.

Combined, WSRS and WTAG have a 21.7 share 12+ and I'd bet their 45+ numbers are
significantly higher that that.  I think that standards on FM could work there as well as
it does in New London, CT or Cape Cod.

As far as CHR is concerned, When WJMN gets a 5.9 in Worcester with a very spotty signal,
It looks like a mainstream CHR with a slightly rhythmic feel could do well.

 I think the problem is that most operators would rather go for 25 to 54 as opposed to
18-34 or 45+ because it's percived to be an easier sell on the street.  I agree that most
flavors of rock and AC are pretty well covered in Worcester, and it seems that no one has
the "kahunas" to try to go after another demographic target.  Both of these formats, if
properly executed and promoted---and agressively sold,  could preform well both in ratings
and in revenue.

WKLB's signal comes in well throughout most of Worcester county, and KLB has beaten WQVR
two out of the last three books.  South County could use a country signal, so if the Fox
makes quick work of the Bus, country could be a viable option for WORC-FM.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks