Re: "frequency shorthand"

Mike Thomas wrote:

> Here's an interesting one (Garrett may have the answer to this ..)  One
of the
> stations I track for Mediabase is actually an AM/FM simulcast.  They
identify
> as "WWCK-FM-AM, Flint" (The stations are in Flint, MI.)  My question
is--is
> that a legal ID??  It sounds funny.  I've heard "AM and FM"  but not
FM-AM (no
> and...)
I dug out an aircheck from the shelf this past weekend,it had airchecks
from the Portland Maine area,recorded in 1980.On this tape was a snipet of
WJBQ when they were still at 106.3(if I recall,they swapped freq with WDCS
for the 97.9 spot in the Fall of '80),and simulcasting on 1440,which was
still a daytimer then.I caught a top of hour ID on this tape,it went like
this:WJBQ-FM Scarborough,AM Westbrook/Portland.What a coincidence I played
this tape and we have a post about legal ID's with FM/AM.           Mark
Watson