Re: WABY-FM/Albany FM signals

I don't think a Class A can cover the whole market because of both the size
of the market and the terrain, which has a line-of-sight problem from any
transmitter to some major part of the market. In fact, this transcends
Class As -- 99.5 is a tough pull in many parts of the market. Of course,
here in Troy FM is awful because we are in a severe valley. (The easiest FM
to pull in in downtown Troy is WJKE, Stillwater -- because its transmitter
has line-of-sight down the Hudson.)

- -- Doug Broda (dougbroda@mindspring.com)