WABY-FM/Albany FM signals

I have been reading some posts on this mailing list about how WABY and
WABY-FM do signal wise in the Albany-Schenectady-Troy market.  WABY is not a
great signal at all, and is horrible at night here, just 4 miles south of
the city of Albany.  WABY-FM seems to be in the Albany pack of class A FM
stations.  You see, class A stations with their towers closer to the
Downtown Albany seem to get better signals in the city of Albany, but have
faltering signals in places like Schenectady and Saratoga Springs.  Other
stations in this category include WHRL, 103.1, and WQBK, 103.9.

Then you have the other group of class A FM stations in Albany that are
located closer to Schenectady or in Saratoga County.  These stations include
WTRY, 98.3, WXCR, 102.3, WXLE, 104.5, WDCD, 96.7, and even WKLI, 100.9,
which is actually closer to the city of Schenectady than Albany.  These
stations put great signals into Schenectady and Saratoga County, but really
lose signal in Albany.

Well, that is how this market plays out in terms of smaller stations on FM.
I guess you could say this market is too big for one single class A FM
station to cover.

Gavin Burt
Albany, New York