WKLB DXing

While driving back to central Connecticut from Great Barrington, Mass.,
Friday afternoon, I was listening to WRVE 99.5 Albany. Usually this
station fades into white noise around Winsted. However, on Friday it
disappeared around Norfolk and was replaced by WKLB. I scanned te FM
dial, found nothing else unusual happening and switched to WFAN (AM).

Back home in Meriden, around midnight, I turned on the car radio and
punched the FM button. Yup, WKLB, with a very good signal that faded as
I drove around but never fully disappeared. I checked my other Boston
presets -- WODS, WBOS, WZLX, WEGQ, WUMB/WBPR -- and heard nothing.

What was up? Antenna direction switch? Power boost? Technical error?

Howard