Re: the beginning of the end for Rush, Dr. L.,etc.???

Boy, one can only hope...

In a message dated 9/9/98 9:50:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, timdav@bright.net
writes:

<< A question for the radio consultants and
 syndication people who read this NG:

 I've heard/read rumblings of late that the national
 ratings for syndicated shows like Dr. Laura,
 Rush, and others have begun to decline across-
 the-board, and that many in the syndication
 business fear that this is the beginning of
 a significant downturn for national programming.

 Is this true?  After about 10 years of so of
 lots and lots of syndicated/satellite programming, especially national,
 daily talk
 programs...is this the "beginning of the end"?

 Am I naive (probably) to expect anybody in
 syndication to admit it? Any opinions?

 I think this has got to be of interest to many of
 us in the business and radio fans as well.