Re: the beginning of the end for Rush, Dr. L.,etc.???

At 09:30 PM 9/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

>> This AM I was checking out WNFT's pre-daytime signal as I rode to work
>down
>> I-93. I was about 22-23 miles from Downtown when I flipped to 1150, and
>> found (supposed) 40 watt nightimer WMRD putting me to sleep with the
>Captain
>> & Tenille "(Please DON'T) do it to me one more time"
>>
>> Logical pick-up? 40w from Central CT? , or are they setting their clocks
>> ahead 30 minutes or so?

Remember that former daytimers are authorized different pre-sunrise and
post-sunset powers. The pre-sunrise power is higher. Depending on what it
must protect in Canada, WMRD may well have a 500W PSRA despite the 40W night
authorization. If there were no Canadians to protect, I can guarantee that
WMRD would have a 500W PSRA. Lower-powered PSRAs are for stations that must
protect foreign stations and for stations on the former clear channels. 1150
was a so-called regional channel.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205