Re: the beginning of the end for Rush, Dr. L.,etc.???

At 02:21 AM 9/10/98 EDT, you wrote:

> I've heard/read rumblings of late that the national
> ratings for syndicated shows like Dr. Laura,
> Rush, and others have begun to decline across-
> the-board, and that many in the syndication
> business fear that this is the beginning of
> a significant downturn for national programming.
>
> Is this true?  After about 10 years of so of
> lots and lots of syndicated/satellite programming, especially national,
> daily talk
> programs...is this the "beginning of the end"?

With Clinton's impeachment likely, your message couldn't possibly have been
more poorly timed. Look for a huge resurgence (albeit probably only a
temporary one) in national talk radio. I havene't heard Limbaugh in well
over a year, but this is the sort of thing that made him, and he'll milk it
for every cent he can get. I think you'll find dozens of stations clamoring
for affiliations.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205