Re: NBC Late On McGwire's 62nd HR

In a message dated 9/9/98 1:31:35 PM, dlh@donnahalper.com wrote:

<<otoh, WZLX and WBCN *were* talking about
McGwire...  Anybody else on the list notice what radio (especially music
radio) did with this major sports milestone?>>

	We are a CHR station and we have just morning and noontime news, but we broke
in after a song at a remote broadcast Saturday afternoon to let our listeners
know that Mark had #60.  And we let people know when he had #61 and last night
broke in when he hit #62.  We get the AP Computer news service and this
announces on a black screen with big white letters of bulletins coming in.
We felt this was important for our listeners as sports news is very popular
with our listeners.

Gary Ford
WFTN-FM
Franklin, Concord, Laconia NH