Re: Radio Digest

In a message dated 98-07-22 07:57:39 EDT, rac_cooney@yahoo.com writes:

<< As for WEGQ and WAAF, I would think their formats would stay the
same...although I wonder exactly how well WEGQ does. Are they in the same "up
and down" ratings situation some oldies stations (like  WODS) are...great for
one period, mediocre for the next, and so on? Anyway, we'll have to see how
 the possible deals affect programming on these stations.>>

I think as far as WAAF is concerned, you're right, no changes will be made.
I'm not so sure about WEGQ.  Their ratings are behind primary competitors
WODS, WROR and WZLX in the crowded 25-54 target demo. I think even WBOS may be
doing better than they are at this point. Besides, If Entercom buys these
signals, they may want a female-skewed format to compliment AAF.  Maybe we'll
see a mainstream CHR to take on Kiss/Jammin, or an AC to challenge MJX or BMX.
We'll be watching.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks