Radio Digest

I noticed Radio Digest's website has articles on
Bob Lobel's departure from WBZ Radio, a look at
sportsradio callers, and speculation that Jacor will
buy WRKO and WEEI from CBS, while CBS will
trade WEGQ and WAAF to Entercom for properties
in Florida. Their website is
http://www.radiodigest.com

If these proposed deals go through, will there be
format and personnel changes at these stations?
In the past, at least one member of this group had
predicted that new owners of WRKO and WEEI
could swap the stations' frequencies and/or formats,
putting sports on 680 and talk on 850... such a move
would help at night, where the 850 frequency has
trouble reaching certain areas (this is why Metro West
listeners get a Montreal station instead of Red Sox
games).

As for WEGQ and WAAF, I would think their formats
would stay the same...although I wonder exactly how
well WEGQ does. Are they in the same "up and
down" ratings situation some oldies stations (like
WODS) are...great for one period, mediocre for the
next, and so on? Anyway, we'll have to see how
the possible deals affect programming on these
stations.