Re: radio and kids these days

- -- [ From: Robert W. Paine * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Donna,

 As usual, you came right to the point and said what needs to be said.
 Thirty-some years ago Former FCC Chairman E. Newton Minnow called TV "a
vast wasteland". I wouldn't give radio that much consideration. The best
I can say about it - and this is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g- it wa-a-a-aaay
beyond its just desserts - is it's electronic pablum.
 Those responsible for what goes on the air must think we're morons,
spivs or I don't know what. And to tell them so is to be laughed at and
told how out of touch we are. (SFX: buzzer) Wrong!
 I don't know as anything can be done about it. It's their world for the
time being and my declining to - for the most part - listen to radio
means nothing to them.
 I said it before and I say it again, in my last two years of high
school, 1967-69, I saw a number of people whose attitude was "Wait till
we're in charge. We're going to do things OUR way and people had BETTER
like it or we'll MAKE them like it."
 Well, it now appears they are in charge, I'm sad to say. We have
learned by sad experience that when people get a little authority they
become corrupted, profligate and generally go bonkers.
 And those are their good points.

 Bob

 "Remember, I'm pullin' for you - we're all in this together."
                                                               - Red
Green