Re: What Uncle Mel SHOULD Have Done!

In a message dated 98-07-22 12:20:18 EDT, norwood@mln.lib.ma.us writes:

<< Why couldn't he had sent Sean Mooney back to the World Rasslin'
 federation where he belongs?>>
Because in comparison to what Jack and Liz are/were making,  Sean comes cheap.

<< Why couldn't he have kept Bruce doing the weather in the evenings?>>
Because in comparison to what Bruce is making, his replacement (probably Ed
Carrol) comes cheap.

<< Why couldn't he have kept Joe Shortsleeve in the mornings, and had
 Jack Williams solo-anchor the 6 and 11 P.M. weeknight newscasts?>>

Solo-anchor?  What is this, the 70's?  As far as Shortsleeve is concerned, his
continued presence reading the news on the hideous "News 4 This Morning" is a
reminder to Scott Wahle that if this show continues to dwell in the basement,
that Joe could be back in the spotlight very quickly.

I believe that the changes at Circle 4 Ranch are more financial than anything
else.  Can you imagine trying to justify the salaries of Jack, Liz, Bruce and
Bob in a board meeting considering their ratings performance over the past few
years?  I don't think the problems there are their fault, but something had to
give, so it might as well be the folks that make the coin.  It's unfortunate,
but considering CBS's financial standing recently, it's not surprising.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks