Re: What Uncle Mel SHOULD Have Done!

What ? "Uncle Mel" made a MISTAKE ? My God !

> Uncle Mel has made a mistake!
>
> Why couldn't he had sent Sean Mooney back to the World Rasslin'
> federation where he belongs?

    Maybe, Mel was so impressed with Sean's WWF work that he felt that
this is the wave of the future for TV News reporting on Channel 4. :)

> Why couldn't he have kept Bruce doing the weather in the evenings?

    That's TOO easy.  Remember, when Westinghouse and CBS Inc. merged,
"Mel baby" spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to think up a NEW
name for the company.  What a minute, now......    Ah....YES....CBS
Inc. !!! What a great idea !!!!

> Why couldn't he have kept Joe Shortsleeve in the mornings, and had
> Jack Williams solo-anchor the 6 and 11 P.M. weeknight newscasts?

     We all know about that !!  Jack Williams is probably the most
underrated anchor in the market.  If I were WCVB, I would get him in
there...FAST.  No joke. Forget WHDH/7, they don't deserve the
credibility that Jack would bring to their alleged "news" operation.

> At least nobody got fired. There were rumors of a WCBS-style purge.

     It get worse by the minute at WBZ.  Typical "knee-jerk" reaction
to a real problem.  CBS is ruining what used to be the most reliable
source of news in the market, next to WCVB.

> Incidentally, this morning, David Brudnoy was heard on WBZ radio in a
> spot promoting tonight's (July 22nd) call-in show in which one of the
> topics would be "the changes at 'News 4 New England'".

     I am very interested if WBZ Radio does more censoring "a-la Bob
Lobel" on that show.

> For that matter, will the title "News 4 New England" even remain after
> Labor Day?
>
> Perhaps we should hope and pray that we see the title "Eyewitness
News"
> back.

    Too much, too little.....TOO LATE !

> Joseph Gallant