Re: WITS

>Someone told me that the NBC newscast was actually '*recorded* by the
>anchor in NY at :48.  (That may have been fed to the stations as well,
>seeing as the old top 40's like to do news at :50.  Similar to the ABC
>Contemporary Network...)

I recall that ABC had the ABC FM Radio Network feed at :15 which was :60
with a :60 spot ( that non-comms. could cover with a local promo/PSA without
problem) followed by 2:00.  That was shortened as well as relocated to :38
after the hour.  Kind of a wierd time to take it live, but WJUL did it
anyway as a chance to counterprogram and get out with local by :45.  Hitting
the post live was a good education for fledgling student-jocks who had to
backsell and close out the previous set with a voice only legal and intro to
the news.  A tight, unaffected talk up was always rewarded!
Bill O'Neill