Re: WITS

Earlier this month Dan Strassberg sought confirmation of these WITS
memories:
"As I recall the lineup (and my recollections could be VERY faulty),
it was something like: Emperor Hudson in AM Drive, Dr Joy Browne
(locally
originated--before network talk radio) in late mornings, Pat Whitley at
middays, Jerry Williams in PM Drive, an early-evening sports-talk show
with
a couple of very entertaining guys..."

David Moisan filled us in on those sports guys being Clif 'n' Claf.  As
for the rest of the schedule, here are some WITS lineups from the pages
of Waves magazine:  October 1978...12am Dick Syatt Show, 5am Garner Ted
Armstrong, 5:30am First Report with Nick Mills, 6am Emperor Bob Hudson,
10am Midday (no details provided), 2pm Pat Whitley, 4pm Sportalk with
Bob Wilson (or Glenn Ordway when Bob had to do a Bruins game), 7pm Jerry
Williams Show/Sox/Bruins.
April 1979...12am Best of Dick Syatt, 5am The World Tomorrow, 5:30am
A.M. Boston, 6am Emperor Hudson, 10am Pat Whitley, 2pm Dr. Joy Browne,
5pm Clif and Claf, 8pm David Gold (issues/politics), 10pm Sports Talk
with Glenn Ordway.
A year later Browne had moved up to 10am, Whitley was at 1pm, Sports
Talk started at 8pm (goodbye to Gold), and Mutual Radio Theater (which
changed its name from Sears Radio Theater and its network from CBS in
February of 1980) came on at 11pm.  The overnight isn't mentioned in the
April 1980 Waves, but I'm sure Larry King presided over the wee hours by
this time.  Kevin Vahey indicated in a 6/16 post on this forum that WITS
had King as early as 1978.

Remember "The Wooooooorld Tomorrow"?  For many years it was hard to
avoid this program when scanning across the AM band at night.
"Greetings friends around the world, this is Herbert W. Armstrong with
the good news of the World Tomorrow!"  WITS carried this radio ministry
of the Worldwide Church of God Sunday through Friday.  At the same time
BBC World Service had its long-running 15-minute current affairs show
"The World Today" airing Monday through Saturday.  I must credit college
chum Richard Wentworth (wherever he may be) with this observation made
on a Saturday in 1980:  there will be no edition of "The World Tomorrow"
today and no "The World Today" tomorrow!