Boston Herald arts editor

Here's another reason to like the Boston Herald:  Greg Reibman is the
new deputy managing editor in charge of arts and entertainment.  While
Greg has relied on writing and editing (The Tab, Boston Rock) to earn a
living, he's always kept a hand in radio since his punk/new wave days at
WERS (he graduated in 1978).  For many years he was one of the "Late
Risers' Club" hosts on WTBS/WMBR.  He's still heard at 88.1 Saturdays
from 10am to noon on "Rockin' with Greg" (described thus in the online
program guide: "Country, punk rock, zydeco and blues. Elvis didn't
listen to one kind of music, why should you?").

A friend tells me Greg's married to Cindy Bailen (WCOZ, WBOS, WHTT?, now
with Lotus) and they recently adopted a Russian baby.  Said friend has
seen said baby (a boy, if I remember correctly) and declares it to be
adorable.

No connection with the above, but I notice the WMBR schedule has
somebody named Fred Allen hosting jazz on Mondays ("Kind of Blue"
4-6pm).  You were expecting maybe Mrs. Nussbaum?