Reply to Peter Casey

This is my reply to the material quoted here from Peter Casey's reply to
Henry Dane:

> With all the news cable channels available now radio competes in a  very
>different way then it ever did before. TV news and programming is
>becoming today more like the way radio used to be with many stations or
>cable outlets doing lots of cross over formats.

All of which doesn't do a damn bit of good when the power and/or cable are
out.  Very few people I know have battery powered televisions, nearly
everyone I know has a battery powered radio.

By the way, did anyone bother to explain what a "State of Emergency" means?
I still don't know!

Larry Weil
Salem, NH