Re: Pursuing minority broadcasters

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998 FMradio1@aol.com wrote:

> If CBS deals with any minority broadcasters, it will be ones with some money
> to spend.  I have speculated here previously that Heftel is a possibility,
> since they are currently buying stations in major markets and flipping them to
> Spanish programming.

Very good point. Heftel has lots of capital behind it since it is a
subsidary of another very successful minority-controlled radio giant,
Clear Channel Communications. Clear Channel's founder and CEO L. Lowry
Mays owns 29% of Heftel.  Clear Channel would also be cosidered a
minority broadcaster under FCC guidelines.

- -Mark