Re: Pursuing minority broadcasters

>On Sun, 14 Jun 1998 FMradio1@aol.com wrote:
>

>> If CBS deals with any minority broadcasters, it will be ones with some money
>> to spend.  I have speculated here previously that Heftel is a possibility,
>> since they are currently buying stations in major markets and flipping them to
>> Spanish programming.
>
>Very good point. Heftel has lots of capital behind it since it is a
>subsidary of another very successful minority-controlled radio giant,
>Clear Channel Communications. Clear Channel's founder and CEO L. Lowry
>Mays owns 29% of Heftel.  Clear Channel would also be cosidered a
>minority broadcaster under FCC guidelines.
>
>-Mark

	Clear Channel just purchased all of the Fairbanks stations in florida for a hefty sum. I beleive the deal involved 5 or 6 stations.

	How much longer will Fairbanks hold on to the only remaining station in the stable, WKOX?

Wayne Carter     			wcarter@mva.net
     		http://www.jlight.com/
It's not dying for faith that's so hard, it's living up to it.
		‹ William Makepeace Thackeray