Re: UMass Radio

In a message dated 98-04-28 19:31:02 EDT, PGEORGE@WELLESLEY.EDU writes:

<< You won't find pledge breaks on the college stations. >>

Hmmm, really??  WERS just recently had their Live Music Weekend which I think
kicks off at least a week of "pledge breaks". '  I know because I have a
refrigerator magnet that reminds me that I have sent them money.  If I recall,
WMBR at MIT also sets aside a time to ask for money. I've heard it on their
morning shows and they used to offer things like a chance to dj for an hour if
you pledged $88 dollars or something.  Come to think of it, I think I've even
heard WZBC at Boston College ask for money as well.