Re: UMass Radio

     While UMass Boston does have quality programming, the student run
stations of the Massachusetts State College system do quite well themselves.
Each station is run by the students of the college and enjoy some freedom
of movement on their programming.  Each station has its' own "personality"
and any kind of "link" or networking of one station would probably stiffle
that student-run status.  I am an Alumni of both Westfield State College
(WSKB-FM/89.5) and Bridgewater State College (WBIM-FM/91.5). These are
two fine college stations that serve their LOCAL respective communities.
While UMass Boston (WUMB-FM/91.9) has a fine station, it is NOT college
radio.  College radio is the place for untried music, the kind not found
anywhere else.  WUMB is a PUBLIC station, requiring donations and begathons
due to their syndication contracts.  You won't find pledge breaks on the
college stations.  I say, leave the college stations the way they are.  Just
my $ .02.

Peter Q. George
WBIM-FM Alum (1980-1984)
Bridgewater State College

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
33 Stetson St., Apt. 2                  *                  +
Whitman, Massachusetts  02382           *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                 /|\
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *                 +|+
pqgeorge@hotmail.com                    *                 /|\