Re: Where Have the Radio Contests Gone? Or, Rocky, Call Me Cash.

>At WFTN/Franklin NH around 1976, I believe I gave away $50 odd dollars in
>Hihi-Lo cash.   For this mini-market station, that wasn't bad!  I think you
>could attract more listeners by giving away smaller amounts of money to a
>larger amount of people.

I think that was the 'charm' of WCAP's hilo.  The denominations were
anywhere around the $100-200 mark but callers seemed to really respond to it
and the word on the street was good for the account managers and their hits
(where it all lives).  Joe Corcoran is out there on this list - he pushed
hard to get that promotion off the ground and it saled (sic) for a good run.

Bill O'Neill