Re: Recent ratings thoughts....

>BUMP MARTIN wrote:
>
>> If I remember correct, there was a time that the FCC
>> limited stations to 18 minutes...<snip>

>> I've noticed this footnote for years at the bottom of rating books for
>> long time.  "Stations audience estimates adjusted for actual broadcast
>>
>> schedule."  Usually (if not always) associated with a daytimer.
>
>I don't believe the FCC has ever had a direct say about the quantity of
>commercial matter radio stations carry.  You're thinking of the National
>Association of Broadcasters' Radio Code:  "The amount of time to be used
>for advertising should not exceed 18 minutes within any clock hour.

Now, it often seems as if that code is "The amount if time to be used for
non-advertising should not exceed 18 minutes within any clock hour..."

Growing up in Boston, when WBZ-TV, channel 4, was a Group W/Westinghouse
station, I think I remember that station's announcer mentioning the
Westinghouse policy, regarding same.  I could be wrong...
:) shel