Re: Where Have the Radio Contests Gone? Or, Rocky, Call Me Cash.

>>Giving away cash.  Now, that works.  Remember the original 98.5 WROR
paying
>>out "Rent or Mortgage"?  On a smaller scale, WCAP had the HI LO Cash
>Jackpot
>>that seemed to definitely pay for itself in terms of street chatter, etc.

At WFTN/Franklin NH around 1976, I believe I gave away $50 odd dollars in
Hihi-Lo cash.   For this mini-market station, that wasn't bad!  I think you
could attract more listeners by giving away smaller amounts of money to a
larger amount of people.

And as far as that Canadian who complained about WHDH's contest (or
whatever), just tell him to cal the CBC.  Canadians have enough of "their
own" stations to concern themselves with.

:) shel