Re: WQEW

At 12:09 PM 4/28/98 +0000, you wrote:
>At 10:00 AM 4/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>Howdy Folks:
>>     The reason that WQEW has that "shortwave sound", better known as
>>"selective fading" is that 1560 IS on the bottom limit of the shortwave
>>spectrum (or the top of the MW spectrum, if you like).

Speaking of shortwave stations and whatnot, I recall hearing a rumour that a
mediumwave AM radio station once was specially engineered to broadcast a
harmonic on a shortwave frequency, thereby putting a listenable signal on
both SW and MW. According to this rumour, the station's shortwave presence
was highly advertised, until the station got in trouble. Does anyone else
have any more information on this story?

                                                - Keith Barry
                                                abarry19@mail.idt.net