Re: June 9 1948 Newspapers

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> Others will provide greater detail, but I believe the TX was in Scituate,
> although possibly it was at the WBZ AM site in Hull. I was unaware, however,
> that Westinghouse ever owned _that_ WBOS. Kind of interesting that
> Westinghouse has twice owned an FM on 92.9 in Boston and one of those times
> the FM's calls were WBOS. It also means that Westinghouse has owned not only
> two completely different FM 92.9's in Boston but also two completely
> different WBOSs (one of which was one of the FM 92.9s). Have I thoroughly
> confused everyone?

And making things even more confusing, in the early 1970s, when I appeared
on a talk show there, WUNR/WBOS had their studios in the Bradford Hotel,
and I was told that it was the same studios that had once been used by
WBZ.

I believe the WBZ history in the Archives reports that the base of the
WBOS shortwave tower can still be seen at the Hull site.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/