Re: June 9 1948 Newspapers

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> It operated from the Bradford Hotel
> along with WBZ Radio, and yes I believe the xmitter was in Scituate... Also
> in Boston at the time was another so-called international station, W1XAL...

According to the Archives, as I've mentioned, the base of the former WBOS
shortwave tower can be seen at the WBZ facility in Hull.  Were you perhaps
thinking of WRUL, which was a shortwave station with transmitter in
Scituate in the late 50s/early 60s.  It later became WNYW, Radio New York
Worldwide.  I think the station still exists now, though the transmitter
is elsewhere and the calls have changed.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/