WDGY/630

>Are you referring to the AM 630 in the twin cities (now KDWB, Hudson
WI)?

Actually, the station is still WDGY (only from Hudson, WI, now)

>TX, but, as far as I know, it did not go dark. The Hudson incarnation
of 630
>is a pale shadow of the former version, which was 5 kW-D/500W-N DA-2
(using
>a six-tower array or something like that). The current version is, I
>believe, 500W-D/130W-N DA-2 using two towers and simulcasting from the
site
>of a co-owned station (WMIN? 740) that, as far as I know, is also
licensed
>to Hudson WI.

Yes, it's WMIN....The discussion of how the new 630 is a 'pale shadow'
of the old 630 from St. Paul is long and winding, including people from
some camps who feel that the station was better off the air permanently,
than to have come back from Hudson, WI, at much less power.  I for one
feel that the station is better off on the air at a fragment of its old
power, than in the 'has been' file of the FCC..

- -tony