former WOTW staff; Bill Johnson, WGAN Portland

<< Also, (and this also goes back to the 60's) the guy who first got me
 seriously interested in radio was Bill Johnson, who was at WCCM in Lawrence
 in the mid 60's.  He left to become news director at WGAN-TV (at that time
 channel 13) in Portland, Maine.  Anybody remember him, or know where he's
 been since? >>

Bill Johnson was with WGAN-TV (now WGME-TV) for a long time.  In the 1980's
he left TV to go to work for Republican Senator Bill Cohen and ran Cohen's
Portland office for several years.  In 1996, he was the Press Secretary for
Bob Monks unsuccessful Republican Primary campaign for Cohen's Senate seat.
 Johnson now works for the Democrat Congressmen from Maine's First District
Tom Allen.  I believe Johnson supervises Allen's District Offices.