Re: John Garabedian

At 09:56 PM 5/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I was just tuning the dial this evening and ended up landing on KISS 108,
>where I briefly listened to a show called "Open House Party," and hosted by
>John Garabedian. I am presuming that this is the same fellow who used to
>own 1060 and tried to make it into a Boston station. From what I
>understand, his studios are based out of Marlborough or somewhere in
>Metrowest. Could someone fill me in more on him, since this seems like a
>fascinating fellow.

He goes back even further than being the original owner of WGTR/1060, my
first recollection of him was in the early 60s (62/63?) as "Johnny Gardner"
on WPTR.  He was also PD of WMEX in the early 70s.  He got canned from WMEX
by whoever took over the station after Max Richmond's death in late '71.

Open House Party originates from his home in Southborough (I think).  I was
there on a Saturday night for one of the shows last fall.  My first (and
lasting) impression of watching him host the show is "this guy's a pro".