Lyric edits/insertions

>Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 14:16:27 -0500
>To: radio
>From: Bill Piacentini <billpi@ll.mit.edu>
>Subject: Lyric edits/insertions
>
>All the posts about censored lyrics,etc. got me thinking of the song:
>Wooly Bully by SAM THE SHAM AND THE PHARAOHS, a TexMex garage band from
Dallas, which was released in March of 1965 on the MGM label. [Wooly Bully
was recorded in Phillips Recording Studio on Madison Avenue in Memphis where
Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis,Roy Orbison,
Charlie Rich, Ike Turner, Howlin' Wolf, Junior Parker and many others either
got their start or made many great, historic recordings.]
lyrics in the middle of the song somewhere said:
>"Watch it Arnie Ginsberg!"
>Every time I hear it I remember Arnie's antics.
>This also got me to thinking of how many songs were recorded where the
record company inserted the call letters of the station in the lyrics on the
"demo" copy of a song.
>The one song I remember (although the title and female artist elude me at
the moment) goes something like "I put on the radio ... WRKO(or whatever
station) ... Your kisses bring me higher ... fire"