RE: Censoring "Kodachrome"

At 12:47 PM 5/8/97 -0400, Roger Kirk wrote:

>As a tech at WRKO, in the early 70's, I was called upon many times to
>edit songs and lurid B-movie ads (e.g. Dr. Jekyll & Sister Hyde).  The
>object always was to "offend as few people as possible."  Heck, they
>edited "Hurricane" by Bob Dylan by snipping the offending word, flipping
>the tape end to end and splicing it back in.

As I recall, making an edit of any kind to a song in those days was very
uncool. I personally admired the job 'RKO did on their many custom song
edits...in fact, I'd say that was a big factor in my becoming interested in
radio production.  I know I tried in vain to duplicate some of those edits
on my cheezy 1/4 track Ratshack reel-to-reel back then!