Re: WLWC/Channel 28

I have been waiting for this station, but thinking it was only going to be
like WLVI (haven't heard those call letters announced for a while!) But what
a shock! For some reason, I had my VCR on at 6:00 AM on channel 28 - I taped
the first broadcast (ironically an infomercial). I love the "greatest hits"
with Andy Griffith, Laverne & Shirley, Lucy - I can't get WABU well enough
to see them on 68. I agree that the newscast was VERY professional - also I
was amazed to see the anchors sitting AT A DESK without any fancy art-deco
backgrounds which are overrunning TV new today. I actually thought I was
watching WNEV for a while! The only announcer I can't stand is the
sportscaster, Keith Wilson - I saw him on either 10 or 25 (probably 10)
filling in for someone and I said, "I can't stand him!". The Mark Rosenthal
appearance was startling - will he stay with 28 or is it just a one-time
fill in? 28 seems like it will be a great station to watch - wonder if the
movies will be good! Too bad the TV Guide didn't note the station, and that
people with cable on all televisions would probably not see it.
Interestingly, there wasn't even a mention of it being the first broadcast!
                                                        Sincerely,
                                                        Keith Barry