WLWC/Channel 28

     This is a station with great potential.  Their signal is outstanding,
to say the least (all 5 million watts of it !).  The programming is really
good.  It does have the taste of WJAR/Channel 10 during promotions and
what not.  And why not.  That legendary station has always been a class
act.  Channel 28's 10 o'clock news is fast in delivery but does not try
to over-sensationalize with bleeding red graphics and what not.  Frank
Carpano finally got a chance to show his news "wings" after years of
sports reporting.  He does a good job.  His partner is very good, also.
a big surprise was seeing Mark Rosenthal (Channel 5) filling in for
Gary Ley, Channel 10's Chief Meteorologist.  All in all, a fine start
for Southern New England's newest TV station.  I think it will do fine.
Let's hope cable will pick it up quickly.  If not, the killer signal
will do the talking.  I live nearly 30 miles away from Freetown State
Forest (Channel 28's transmitter site) and get a crystal clear signal
will nothing but a "loop" !!!  73's !

- -Pete-

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
P.O. Box 1183                           *                  +
Randolph, Massachusetts 02368-1183      *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                +\|/+
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *               + \|/ +