FCC Lenient on station ID?

Recently, while listening to WPLM-AM, I heard the "top of the hour" station
I.D. - It
was: "WPLM, AM and FM, Plymouth, Boston, Providence - jazzy 9-9-1". Not even
a mention of the AM frequency. It should have been more like, "WPLM 1390,
and WPLM-FM, 99.1 - Plymouth. Your Jazzy 99.1". Why doesn't the FCC pick up
on this? A nice little fine is in order for the folks at PLM, unless they
have changed it. Not once since the "Variety 99-1" format have I ever heard
1390 mentioned. Also, WROR's top of the hour calls are: "1-0-5-point-7
W-R-O-R <Framingham> Boston!", with the "Framingham" barely whispered before
"Boston" - this is clearly to the letter, not spirit, of the law.
  On television, I have seen "UPN-38", "WB56", "Fox 25", and "GBH 44"
mentioned numerous times - never have I heard "WSBK-TV, Channel 38", "WLVI
TV56", "WGBX 44" - at least 25 shows the call letters in the promo. Only in
the fine, fine print did I ever see the COL. On WLWC, thank the Lord, there
was even a mention of the call letters during the KIDS show - saying that
WLWC stood for "We Love Watching Cartoons". The only problem I have seen on
28 is the signoff message - definitely illegal! "Good morning! WJAR TV
channel 10, Providence, will end our broadcasting day", followed by a quick
"TV28, WLWC, New Bedford". I love the whole "Southern New England's own"
thing. Also, if you want a Beta or VHS copy of the testing (first and last
test) of WLWC and of the first broadcast signon/10 o'clock news, then just
E-Mail me - I'll gladly make copies!.
                                `                               Keith Barry