Re: A favor

Dunno why WYLF was so far over WEEI in Acton, though I'll echo the other
comments
that it's one of the best-known offenders in the region WRT day power after
dark.

But I was certainly frosted at CHTN 720 Charlottetown PEI last night as I
was driving
in the rain down NY 17 from Binghamton to NYC and hoping to hear the native
Cubs play-
by-play on WGN. CHTN is, of course, supposed to deliver zero signal at the
US-Canada
border after dark, and indeed, its transmitter site is located close enough
to the edge
of PEI that it can blast everything it's got back at Charlottetown from
there and throw
almost no signal over the water towards NB, NS and all of US. But those
were certainly
Maritime oldies I was hearing equal to, and at times over, WGN's call -
which meant
I was stuck with the ESPN call on WEPN 1050 (with bad skywave/groundwave
phasing
and an echo that may have been CHUM also carrying the game ) or WBAL 1090. And
now even if the Sox pull it out tonight, we're stuck with a best-case
scenario of a Sox-
Marlins World Series.

And worse yet, if I understand the radio rights correctly, the only station
that would be able
to carry the Sox' own call instead of the ESPN call once the Series starts
would be WEEI,
which most certainly does not reach Rochester at night (or ever). No WTIC,
which has been
the lifeline of Sox Nation for those of us at a distance from Yawkey Way.
(Or am I thinking
of the NFL postseason here? I know the local flagship's the only one that
can carry the local
call for the Super Bowl...)