Re: A favor

<<On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:59:30 -0400, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> old station and I assume that its TX site is a lot older than most of the
> residences in that area.

Actually, where WPTF is now is chock full of recent, expensive
suburban development.  (It's in Cary, which you might describe as
Newton to Raleigh's Boston, but 100 years later.)  What made me
curious was the way the pattern has two nulls in *exactly* the right
direction to protect Boston and San Francisco.  Since a tx location
about ten miles to the north would have covered much more of the
market, I was wondering if (with the technology that existed when WPTF
was built) they might have chosen this particular location just to
make the array design easier.

-GAWollman