Re: A favor

<<On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:28:08 -0400, Ron Bello <RBello@BelloAssoc.com> said:

> Twice in the last week when leaving a relative's home,
> trying to listen to the Red Sox game after sundown
> there was virtually no signal for WEEI on the northern
> side of Sudbury on route 27.

Interesting.  Where I live in Framingham, pretty much on the
Needham-Denver axis, the 850 signal is quite serviceable.  (Certainly
by comparison to the 680 signal which at times is totally trashed.)
The 850 night field in the direction of Acton is about eight times
what it is toward me, but Acton is also about twice as far away, so
Kevin's informant should be getting twice the signal, although that
direction is on the cusp of the nighttime null.  (WYLF is a
well-known offender.)

Just for kicks I ran the 680 signal as well.  Acton is deep in 680's
western null as well.  In fact, if you drew a line straight through
the 680 towers that extended for 11.1 miles, you'd end up at the 1120
site.  My location is just a few degrees off the axis of WRKO's
pattern min, which explains their awful signal at night.  WRKO
protects only WPTF and KNBR at night, and WPTF protects WRKO and
KNBR.[1]  (WRKO's night null is quite broad.)  Looking at WPTF's night
pattern now, I can't understand why it was built where it was; the
night signal misses large parts of the market.  Perhaps it was put
there to simplify the DA design.  Dan?

-GAWollman