Re: Phoenix Editorial | The Duo of Dung Radio

On Sunday, October 12, 2003, at 09:33  PM, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Umm Roger the Phoenix has an entire adult section every week and if
> you talk to people who work there, those ads keep the paper afloat.

The adult ads are in a special section but it's pretty small.  Unless
they're getting a huge rate, the Phoenix makes a lot more money off of
event advertising and regular retail than they do off of the adult
stuff.  It's not part of the news sections and they make it easy to
toss out the adult stuff if you want to ignore it.

So, they run ads for escort services.  I don't see how that makes the
Phoenix hypocrites for wanting allegedly racist radio hosts to be
fired.  I do agree that their radio network was starting to go down the
low road, and that makes their WEEI opinions look less noble.

Mark