RE: WJUL "Lowell SunRise"

Aaron writes:

Seriously,
> an open bid
> process can sometimes cause a lot more trouble than it's
> worth - not just
> in college radio.

At the risk of bleating and beating this string to death, (I'd be glad to take
this offlist), the notion of an "open bid" evokes NO fear in me, whatsoever.
Open would mean that even the community, the students and faculty would have had
an opportunity to give it their best shot.

It seems the crickets that one hears is not just the dead air between
live-assist elements on WJUL in the morning, but that of the sound of the pols
not dialing their phones to comment.  The same local pols who, pre-air, were
becoming practically carnal over this deal.

Bill O'Neill