Re: WJUL "Lowell SunRise"

At 03:54 PM 9/29/2003, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

>However, I can't help but want to see this experiement succeed.  Outside of
>the reduced entertainment for the staff of WJUL....I have to think that this
>effort will serve the Gr. Lowell population more than playing
>alternative-type rock at 7AM.

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why I'm very concerned that, as far as I
know, no one person has been hired to serve as the liasion between the Sun
and WJUL (i.e. presumably a professional GM for WJUL) and that position is
key to make sure a balance is struck. Supposedly four candidates have been
selected from the flood of applications, and possibly an offer has been
made, but if the person's been hired; he/she is keeping a VERY low profile
so far...

>And granted, if I was a student or alum...I'd probably feel differently...
>JP

They certainly do, although so far all their public comments on the issue
have been shallow, selfish and unwilling to compromise.  I have no idea
what they're saying in private; they refuse to talk to anyone about it (or
so I'm told, both to my face and by others).