Re: WJUL "Lowell SunRise"

I am not an alumni of U Lowell or of WJUL...so I don't relate to this on
that emotional level.

However, I can't help but want to see this experiement succeed.  Outside of
the reduced entertainment for the staff of WJUL....I have to think that this
effort will serve the Gr. Lowell population more than playing
alternative-type rock at 7AM.

We have been bemoaning the fact there is much less local radio around these
days...and this is an innovative step to get localism, local issues, events,
intelligent discourse on the air in areas that badly needs it.

Granted the beginings are gonna be rocky as they find their way thrugh
this....but this situation seems like a win-win for all, station generates
funding, listeners get local information that is not available elsewhere.

Again, I am not commenting on the quality or content of the progrmming
(yet!).

And granted, if I was a student or alum...I'd probably feel differently...

$.02

JP