RE: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

At 04:01 PM 9/5/2003, Brian Vita wrote:
>Quoted from article:
>
>"Jim Maxwell, a local attorney who is assisting rfb, wondered why the FCC is
>going after small 10-watt stations."
>
>Um, Jim, could it be that they're breaking the law?  Must have been out that
>day in law school.
>
>Brian T. Vita, President

When you consider the flagrant technical violations that are rampant at
legal Class D FM (translator and college/high school) and also at many AM
stations these days, Jim's comment makes a lot more sense: why are they
going after RFB when there's plenty of bigger fish to fry?

For that matter, why RFB when there's literally a dozen Haitian pirates in
the expanded AM band less than three miles from Quincy?
(I'll answer my own question: because pirates who insist on staying in the
FM band are dumb. :-)