Re: FCC gives ultimatum to Radio Free Brattleboro

At 04:56 PM 9/5/2003, Dan Billings wrote:
>No it is not.  If you look at the areas that the FCC has responsibility for,
>I can't think of any offense that is worse than broadcasting without a
>license.

Excuse me?  I think not...how about 2nd harmonics coming out in the band
reserved for airplanes on landing approach at Logan???  I'd call that a lot
worse.   It's happened in Boston, too...supposedly with WBRS but I've heard
stories that it was WMFO, too.

>It is even worse with the advent of low power licenses.  Groups like RFB can
>now actually get a license.
>
>-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

Umm...no, they can't.   Former pirates are barred from obtaining LPFM licenses.