RE: Weather guys and gals

At 02:12 PM 8/29/2003, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
> > Mike will also be infamous among WJULers of the wee 80s as being the
> > proud owner of "Christine," a 1961 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham with
> > "WJUL Real Underground Radio" adorning the sides
>
>The name inspired by the Stephen King book/movie?  Wasn't the "real"
>Christine a '58 Plymouth?

Yes, a 1958 Plymouth Fury, I believe.  Although it is believed that since
1958 Furies were actually quite rare (only 5300 or so were built), several
of the 25 or so cars used in the movie were 1957 Furies (which are pretty
similar) and/or Dodge Belvederes.

Also, a 1958 Plymouth Fury and a 1961 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham look
similar enough to a 1980's crowd that a "Christine" moniker...esp. given
the "underground" nature of WJUL...is not inappropriate.  :-)

http://www.57heaven.com/Fury.html
http://home.no.net/ayla/Cadillac/pages/1961%20Fleetwood.htm